To Receive State Forest Updates, Please Fill Out The Form Below
Contact Your State and Federal Officials ASAPShow your support for an alternative HCP that makes more acres available for harvest, reduces wildfire risk, and allows professional foresters to restore areas of the forest affected by disease. Click here to show your support!
September 6-7, 2023
Board of Forestry Meeting & Social Salem, Oregon (also virtual)Sign up to testify via email Watch live. Email Board Members
You have a lot of things going on. We get it. But by taking just a few minutes out of your day, you can have an enormous impact on the management of state forests. If you care about state forest and maintaining their connection to local communities, your voice needs to be heard.
- Stay informed (newsletter sign up)
- Attend important meetings, tours and events
- Spread the word: Draft a letter to your local paper
The letters to the editor (LTE) section of your local paper is great way to share your story with your community and elected officials.
- Keep it short and sweet (papers limit letters to less than 250-300 words). Papers occasionally will run longer pieces (500-600 words) as Op-Eds.
- Identify the issue or event you are responding to.
- Back up your position with science, data, and/or personal experiences.
- Provide your contact information. Most papers will require at least the author’s name and email address.
- Contact your state legislators
- Testify at public hearings and forums